Potato and sardine cakes
recipe_clock 10 min
recipe_cooking 10-15 min
What you need for this recipe
- 300 g potatoes
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tins (115 g each) of Saint George sardines in olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seed mustard
- 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs flat parsley
- 2 spring onions
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
Let's get started
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into evenly-sized pieces. Cook them in a saucepan of salted water.
- Remove the zest from half the lemon. Remove the outer layer of the spring onions and finely slice them. Wash the parsley, remove and chop the leaves.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool. Put them in a large bowl and coarsely mash them.
- Add the sardines mashed with a fork, the flour, lemon zest, mustard, spring onions, egg, and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Mix gently.
- Cover the bowl with film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour the palms of your hands and shape the mixture into small cakes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Lightly brown the cakes on both sides. Transfer to kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
- Accompany the cakes with lemon wedges and garnish with the rest of the lemon zest.