Aubergine caviar with “Flavours of Carthage” sardines
Perfect for an aperitif with friends!
recipe_clock 10 min
recipe_cooking 30 min
What you need for this recipe
- 1 tin 1/10 (80 g) la belle-iloise “Flavours of Carthage” flaked sardines
- 1 firm medium-sized aubergine (approx. 250 g)
- ½ baguette
- 2 pinches salt (2 g)
Let's get started
- Peel the aubergine with a vegetable peeler and cut into 1 cm cubes. Sprinkle the cubes with salt and place them in a non-stick pie dish.
- Cook for 30 minutes in very hot oven at 250 °C (gas mark 8).
- Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Tip into a bowl and coarsely mash to obtain a purée.
- Gently incorporate the flaked sardines.
- Transfer to a serving ramekin.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Cut the baguette into thin slices and toast them.
- Place the aubergine caviar in the centre of the table with a spoon so that people can serve themselves and spread it on the toast.
- You can also some chopped flat parsley or coriander leaves, or make it spicy with some harissa.