Belle-Iloise-style French toast
recipe_clock 5 min
recipe_cooking 10 min
What you need for this recipe
- 1 tin 1/2 (400 g) la belle-iloise fish soup
- 3 eggs
- 3 pinches salt
- A day old baguette
- In a large bowl, beat the 3 eggs as if for an omelette.
- Mix in the soup and salt.
- Cut the baguette into approx. one centimetre thick slices and soak the slices in the mixture.
- Heat a little oil and butter in a frying pan.
- Fry the soaked slices for about one minute 30 seconds on each side.
- Serve as a hot starter with a green salad.