Bisquaise poussins with chestnut purée
recipe_clock 15 min
recipe_cooking 60 min
What you need for this recipe
- 1 tin 1/2 (400 g) la belle-iloise lobster bisque
- 4 poussins
- 200 g peeled chestnuts (available in jars or vacuum packed)
- 30 g crème fraîche
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 pinches pepper
- Peel the vegetables.
- Cook the poussins in water with the vegetables and a little salt starting in cold water (like a casserole), skim when they come to the boil.
- Simmer 30 to 40 minutes depending on their size.
- Preheat the oven to 250 °C (gas mark 9).
- Drain the poussins and place them in a roasting dish.
- Roast until golden brown (approx. 20 minutes), then pour the bisque into the dish and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Coarsely mash the chestnuts in a bowl with a fork and add the cream.
- Shape the purée into portions, place in a baking dish and brown under the grill for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed potatoes or basmati rice.
- Replace the poussins with chicken thighs, guinea fowl, etc..
- For a more substantial dish, use 2 tins of bisque for the sauce.