Escartefigue-style mackerel and fennel casserole
A treat for all the family!
recipe_clock 10 min
recipe_cooking 25 min
What you need for this recipe
- 1 tin 1/10 (80 g) la belle-iloise Escartefigue-style flaked mackerel
- 1/2 fennel bulb (approx. 200 g)
- 4 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
Let's get started
- Cut the fennel in half and then into thin strips (using a mandolin).
- In a bowl, toss the fennel with the salt and pepper.
- Mix in the tin of Escartefigue-style flaked mackerel.
- Divide the mixture between two mini casseroles and put the lids on (the volume decreases by half during cooking).
- Bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes at 200 °C (gas mark 6).
- Leave to stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle a few fennel seeds on top before cooking and add a spoonful of ricotta (25 g) or thick cream for a richer texture.
- You can cook the casseroles in advance and then reheat them in the oven or in the microwave, the fennel will be softer.