Flatbread with mackerel fillets
recipe_clock 15 min
recipe_cooking 5 min
What you need for this recipe
- Dough ingredients :
- Flour : 140 g
- Parmesan : 25 g
- Baking powder : 1/2 teaspoon
- Polenta (or fine semolina) : 17.5 g
- Pinch of salt
- Hot water : 70 ml
- Olive oil : 30 ml
- Topping ingredients :
- Mackerel fillets with bergamot lemon and dill
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the dough.
- Mix the oil and hot water, add to the dry mixture, knead quickly to obtain a soft dough. Leave to rest for an hour.
- Place the coarsely chopped fresh spinach, cashew nuts, Parmesan, clove of garlic cut into pieces, a pinch of salt, pepper and olive oil in a food processor.
- Blend. Do not blend for too long, there should still be a few pieces of cashew nuts.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Zest a lemon onto the ricotta. Combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add a few chopped basil leaves. Combine.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Add flour so that it does not stick.
- Heat a little olive small in a frying pan.
- When the pan is hot, cook the dough for about 2 minutes on each side, it should be golden brown.
- Assembling the flatbread: spread with the ricotta, lemon zest and basil mixture, distribute the flaked mackerel fillets, drizzle with several spoonfuls of pesto and sprinkle with some chopped cashew nuts.
- Garnish with a few fresh basil leaves on top.
See a video of this recipe here from Miss Maggie’s Kitchen !