“Galette des Rois” with Marie-Galante tuna and pineapple
recipe_clock 25 min
recipe_cooking 40 min
What you need for this recipe
- For the galette:
- 2 tins 1/5 (320 g) la belle-iloise flaked Marie-Galante tuna
- 40 g breadcrumbs
- 2 discs puff pastry (not pure butter)
- 200 g peeled pineapple (about 1/4)
- For the egg wash:
- 1 egg yolk and a little water
- For the decoration:
- A few poppy seeds
- 1 bean
- Mix the tuna with the breadcrumbs.
- Peel the pineapple and cut into thin slices (1 mm thick) with a mandolin.
- Dry the pineapple slices in the oven at 180 °C (gas mark 5) for 15 min.
- Spread the tuna mixture evenly on the first disc of pastry
- Place the pineapple slices on top (not too close together) and hide the bean.
- Moisten the edges of the pastry and cover with the second disc.
- Press around the edges with your fingers and make a small hole in the middle to allow the steam to escape.
- Brush with the egg wash (egg yolk + water) so that the pastry turns a nice golden colour when cooked.
- Draw little fish and waves on the top of the Galette des Rois with the tip of a knife (you can also make decorations with pastry trimmings).
- Finish decorating with a few poppy seeds.
- Bake in hot oven 30 to 40 minutes at 210 °C (gas mark 6).
- Serve warm.
- Instead of the flaked Marie-Galante tuna and pineapple, use flaked Zanzibar tuna and apples.