Hoedic island sardines
Perfect for an aperitif with friends!
recipe_clock 15 min
What you need for this recipe
- 2 tins 1/6 (115 g) la belle-iloise St Georges sardines
- 50 g lightly salted butter
- 3 pinches dried seaweed (approx. 1 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (approx. 4.5 g)
- 2 twists freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices rye bread
- Decorative cocktail sticks
- Slices of lemon for decoration
Let's get started
- Let the butter soften at room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix it with the seaweed, lemon juice and pepper.
- Toast the slices of bread and then cut them into 9 cm x 3 cm rectangles.
- Spread the rectangles with the seaweed butter.
- Drain the sardines and place on the toasts.
- Secure with the cocktail sticks.
- You can replace the rye bread with black wheat bread.
- For snacks to serve with drinks, cut the toasts and sardines in half.