La Belle-Iloise tuna tajine
Invite your taste buds on a culinary voyage!
recipe_clock 25 min
recipe_cooking 2 h
What you need for this recipe
- 1 tin 1/4 (207 g) la belle-iloise au natural tuna
- 200 g potatoes
- 2 onions, diced (approx. 200 g)
- 1 small courgette cut into quarters
- 1 tomato cut into quarters
- 1 carrot cut into large sticks.
- 1 chopped clove of garlic
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1 pinch of Herbes de Provence
- 3 to 4 pinches 4-spice mix (or allspice)
- 3 to 4 pinches couscous spices (raz el hanout)
- 1 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 3 pinches salt
- ½ chicken stock cube
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ glass water
Let's get started
- Lightly brown the onions in the olive oil, during this time, open the tin of tuna (keep the juice) and cut the fillet horizontally into two slices.
- Divide the carrots, courgettes, potatoes and raisins between two dishes.
- Pour the tuna juice and the water onto the onions. Then add the spices, salt, Herbes de Provence, garlic, and chicken stock cube.
- Heat a little and then pour over the vegetables.
- Place the slices of tuna on top of the vegetables.
- Add the tomatoes and lemon slices and put on the lids.
- Put in a hot oven at 210 °C (gas mark 6/7) for an hour and a half to two hours (check there is still some liquid in the dishes ¾ of the way through cooking).
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves before serving.
- You can also add almonds, dates, etc.