Mackerel, ricotta, peas, and broad beans on toast
By Baroudeuse Culinaire
recipe_clock 10 min
recipe_cooking 15 min
What you need for this recipe
- 1 tin (118 g) mackerel fillets with bergamot lemon and dill
- 150 g ricotta
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 100 g green peas
- 100 g broad beans
- 100 g of kale
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- A few mint and parsley leaves
- A few toasted buckwheat seeds
- Salt and Timut pepper
Let's get started
- Cook the peas in boiling water for 15 minutes. Add the broad beans five minutes before the end. Drain the vegetables, then plunge them into a bowl of iced water. Put to one side.
- Remove the central veins from the kale leaves with a knife or by hand. Wash the leaves and cut them into strips. Chop the mint and parsley leaves.
- Zest the lemon and set aside the zest, then cut it in half and squeeze out the juice. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the peas, beans, kale, fresh herbs, lemon zest and juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the ricotta, mackerel and Timut pepper.
- Toast two slices of bread. Spread with the mackerel and ricotta, then top with the green vegetable mixture. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the toasted buckwheat seeds and drizzle with olive oil. Eat straight away!