Mashed potato with sardines and spinach
A tasty starter!
recipe_clock 10 min
recipe_cooking 10 min
What you need for this recipe
- 2 tins 1/10 (160 g) la belle-iloise flaked sardines with lemon, olives and almonds
- 2 good-sized potatoes (250 g)
- 120 g frozen leaf spinach
- 50 g whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil and
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
Let's get started
- Thaw the spinach in the microwave.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1 cm cubes.
- Cook the potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes, adding the coarsely chopped spinach one minute before the end.
- Drain and place in a large boil with the olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Lightly mash with a fork.
- Place the mixture in shot glasses and make a hole in the centre by pressing the potato against the sides (all the way down to the bottom).
- In a bowl, mix the tin of flaked sardines with the whipping cream.
- Reheat the glasses in the microwave if necessary.
- Heat the sardine mixture in the microwave and pour into the centre of each glass.
- Serve hot (but not burning hot).