Niçoise-style sardine salad
recipe_clock 15 min
recipe_cooking 10 min
What you need for this recipe
- 1 tin 1/6 (115 g) la belle-iloise boneless sardines with tomato
- 1 small onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tomatoes or one large beefsteak tomato
- 150 g green beans
- A few lettuce leaves
- 8 black olives
- A few basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil and
- 1 small teaspoon mustard
- Hard-boil the egg and cook the beans al dente.
- Wash the salad leaves and put them in the bottom of a salad bowl.
- Place cooled beans on top, the tomatoes cut into slices and the thinly sliced onion.
- Drain the sardines, keeping the sauce for the vinaigrette. Mix the vinegar, mustard and oil into the sauce, and then a little chopped basil. Spread over the salad.
- Place the sardines on top and the egg cut into quarters, decorate with the olives and basil leaves.
- You can also add thinly sliced fresh fennel and chopped garlic.