Oriental-style sardine turnovers
recipe_clock 10 min
recipe_cooking 30 min
What you need for this recipe
- 2 tins 1/6 (230 g) la belle-iloise sardines with oriental spices to be served hot
- 1 small aubergine (approx. 300 g)
- 1 onion (approx. 120 g)
- 1 small courgette (approx. 200 g)
- 2 pinches chopped parsley
- 3 to 4 sheets brick pastry
- 1 small teaspoon salt (2.5 g)
- Wash and then cut the aubergine and courgette into 1 cm cubes.
- Thinly slice the onion
- Mix the vegetables with the salt in a large bowl.
- Spread evenly in an oven-proof dish and bake for 15 minutes at 240 °C (gas mark 8) stirring half way through.
- Leave the vegetables to cool.
- Coarsely mash the sardines with their sauce.
- Mix the sardines, vegetables and parsley (check the seasoning).
- Cut the sheets of brick pastry in half.
- Place some of the mixture at the centre of the longer side.
- Fold up the shorter sides over the top and roll up the rest of the sheet to form a small rectangle.
- Brush the turnovers with olive oil and place them in an oven-proof dish.
- Bake 12 minutes at 200 °C (gas mark 6).
- Serve hot with a green salad and a few slices of tomato.
- For a more crunchy effect, use a double thickness of brick pastry.
- To save time, you can buy courgettes and aubergines that have already been grilled.
- The filling can be prepared the day before.