Sardines on focaccia
recipe_clock 20 min
recipe_cooking 15 min
What you need for this recipe
- 1 focaccia bought at a bakery or delicatessen
- 2 tins of Saint Georges sardines in olive oil (69 g size)
- 2 red onions
- 160 ml water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 60 ml cider vinegar
- Bake the focaccia at 150°C for 10-15 minutes.
- Make the pickled red onion: peel the onions and slice them into rings. Put the water, vinegar and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil. Add the red onions and cook for about 10 minutes.
- When the focaccia is ready, cut it into small portions. Place a St. Georges sardine and some pickled red onion on each piece.