Sardines served in glasses with Piccalilli sauce
recipe_clock 10 min
recipe_cooking 35 min
What you need for this recipe
- 2 tins 1/6 (230 g) la belle-iloise sardines with olive oil and lemon
- 200 g medium-sized firm-fleshed potatoes
- 5 “pigeon heart” tomatoes (approximately 50 g)
- 1/4 sweet onion red (approx. 15 g)
- 6 pinches chopped parsley (3.5 g)
- 4 small endive leaves
- 60 g whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Piccalilli sauce (60 g)
- Cook the potatoes in their skins in salted water for approximately 35 min.
- When they have completely cooled, peel them and cut them in small cubes.
- Season the potatoes with the Piccalilli sauce and the oil from one tin of sardines.
- Add the onion cut into thin slices, the quartered tomatoes and the chopped parsley.
- Mash one tin of sardines with the cream cheese and divide the mixture between the glasses.
- Place the potato salad on top.
- Balance a sardine in an endive leaf on each glass before serving.