St George puff pastries
Perfect for an aperitif with friends!
recipe_clock 10 min
recipe_cooking 15 min
What you need for this recipe
- 3 tins 1/6 (345 g) Saint Georges sardines
- 1 roll of ready-to-use puff pastry
- 60 g dried tomato caviar
- A few chopped basil leaves
- A little egg yolk (for egg wash)
Let's get started
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut out 6 rectangles.
- Drain the sardines.
- Spread a generous teaspoon of tomato caviar on each rectangle.
- Add two sardines, head to tail.
- Sprinkle with the chopped basil.
- Cut thin strips from the pastry trimmings and three over the sardines at an angle.
- Brush the puff pastry with egg wash (egg yolk mixed with a little water).
- Bake in hot oven at 210 °C (gas mark 6/7) for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Serve these pastries with a green salad tossed with a few tomato slices.
- You can replace the dried tomato caviar with tapenade (use half as much).