Summer salad with warm tuna on toast
A treat for all the family!
recipe_clock 20 min
recipe_cooking 15 min
What you need for this recipe
- 2 tins 1/6 (210 g) la belle-iloise tuna with black olives hot toast topping
- 20 thin slices of baguette (cut at an angle)
- 3 handfuls mixed seasonal salad
- 1 handful rocket (approx. 40 g)
- 1 small onion (spring onion if available)
- 2 small courgettes (approx. 320 g)
- 1 yellow pepper (approx. 200 g)
- 1 red pepper (approx. 200 g)
- 16 black olives
- 20 g pine nuts
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small tablespoon mustard
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 pinches Herbes de Provence
- 4 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
Let's get started
- Cut the peppers into thin strips. Put them in a bowl and season with 2 tablespoons olive oil, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper and a pinch of Herbes de Provence. Spread in an oven-proof dish and place under the grill for about 10 minutes until they start to colour, remove and leave to cool.
- Cut the courgettes in thin slices. Season them with the lemon juice, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper and a pinch of Herbes de Provence. Leave this mixture to marinate chilled for at least 20 minutes.
- Toast the pine nuts.
- Make the dressing in a large bowl and then toss with the salad leaves. Divide the salad between four attractive plates.
- Add the courgettes, the finely sliced onion and the cooled peppers.
- Cut the baguette into thin slices, slightly at an angle, spread with the tuna topping and place under the grill until golden.
- Arrange the toasts on the salads. Decorate with the pine nuts and olives.
- Serve immediately.
- To make this salad even more summery, add a few basil leaves.
- The peppers and courgettes can be prepared the day before.