Tuna and cheese puff pastries
recipe_clock 20 min
recipe_cooking 15-20 min
What you need for this recipe
- 1 tin 1/4 (207 g) la belle-iloise natural albacore tuna
- 1 roll ready-to-use puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 70 g grated Emmental
- 1 egg
- Drain the tuna and flake into a bowl using a fork.
- Add the mustard, egg white and grated Emmental.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut 5 cm wide strips.
- Using a brush, moisten a 1 cm strip along one edge (lengthwise) of each strip.
- Spread the mixture in a sausage-shape along the strip and wrap the dough over it starting with the non-moistened edge.
- Carefully seal the two edged together.
- Cut into 3 cm sections and place in a baking dish (not too close together).
- Brush each one with egg wash (egg yolk mixed with a little water).
- Bake in hot oven at 210 °C (gas mark 7) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Replace the traditional mustard with “fisherman’s mustard” (mustard flavoured with seaweed).
- Replace the Emmental with comté or cheddar for a stronger cheese flavour.
- You can also serve these little puff pastries on a bed of mixed salad.