Tuna and green apple salad
recipe_clock 25 min
What you need for this recipe
- 2 tins 1/4 (414 g) la belle-iloise natural albacore tuna
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 150 g firm cream cheese or fromage blanc
- 2 spring onions or 2 shallots (60 g)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon of pink peppercorns for the salad and 1/2 teaspoon for decoration
- 30 g shelled walnuts
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 2 pinches curry powder
- Pepper, to taste
- Dice 2 of the apples (unpeeled) and drizzle with half the lemon juice.
- Cut the other apple into slices and drizzle with the other half of the lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, mash the cream cheese with a fork.
- Add the juice from one of the tins of tuna, season with salt and pepper, the curry powder, 3/4 of the chives, the shallots and half of the pink peppercorns.
- Add the flaked tuna, walnuts, diced apples and mix thoroughly.
- Place the mixture in the centre of a dish and decorate the top with the apple slices.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the pink peppercorns and a few sprigs of chives.
- Serve chilled.
- Instead of the 2 tins of au natural tuna, you can use 2 tins of tuna in olive oil. Use half the oil in the tins and add the juice of ½ lemon, to taste.