Tuna and green olive loaf
recipe_clock 20 min
recipe_cooking 60 min
What you need for this recipe
- 2 tins 1/6 (278 g) la belle-iloise natural albacore tuna
- 3 eggs
- 150 g wheat flour
- 1 baking powder
- 100 g crème fraîche
- 100 g pitted green olives
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoons olive oil and
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches ground pepper (or five-peppercorn mixture)
- 3 pinches of Herbes de Provence
- Optional: 30 g Parmesan, chopped parsley and a few pinches of 4-spice mixture (or allspice), curry or couscous spices.
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C (gas mark 3).
- Fry the thinly sliced onions in the olive oil and.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper until there are no lumps.
- Add the cream, mix thoroughly.
- Add the flaked tuna, herbs, and the olives cut into slices.
- Butter and flour a loaf mould and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour. Check the cooking by inserting the tip of a knife into the centre: it should come out hot and dry.
- Leave to cool and keep covered in the refrigerator.
- Cut into 1 cm slices.
- You can replace the olives with strips of peeled red pepper (or preserved peppers).
- Serve with a green salad for a summer dish.