Tuna and potato loaf
Ideal for a picnic!
recipe_clock 20 min
recipe_cooking 45-50 min
What you need for this recipe
- For the loaf:
- 3 tins 1/10 (240 g) la belle-iloise tuna in oil (or flaked)
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet instant mashed potatoes (125 g)
- 1/2 litre cold water
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 15 g grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 5 pitted black olives
- 4 salted anchovy fillets
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- For decoration:
- 1 lemon slice
- A few sprigs of parsley
Let's get started
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (gas mark 4).
- Coarsely chop the olives and the anchovies.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, cold water, pepper and potato flakes.
- Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, olives, anchovies, capers, herbs and then the flaked tuna with its oil.
- Butter and flour a loaf mould and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 50 min. Check cooking by inserting the tip of a knife into the centre: it should come out hot.
- Let the cake cool in the mould before covering and placing in the refrigerator.
- Unmould, cut into 1 cm slices and decorate with half a slice of lemon and a sprig of parsley.
- Serve with a green salad for a summer dish.
- For a snack with drinks: add another egg to the mixture so it can be cut into small cubes when it is cold.