Tuna Piedmontese Salad
An alternative version of a classic!
recipe_clock 15 min
recipe_cooking 45 min
What you need for this recipe
- 1 tin 1/4 (207 g) la belle-iloise natural albacore tuna
- 1 firm medium tomato (approx. 125 g)
- 250 g firm-fleshed potatoes such as Charlotte
- 2 eggs
- 8 small gherkins (approx. 40 g)
- 2 generous tablespoons mayonnaise (approx. 70 g)
- ½ tablespoon of vinegar from the gherkins
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 4 pinches salt
- 2 pinches ground pepper
Let's get started
- Cook the potatoes in their skins in salted water.
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Leave to cool and then peel them.
- Make the sauce by mixing the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, pepper, sliced gherkins and chopped parsley in a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes and the finely diced tomato, the eggs cut into pieces, and the drained tuna flaked with a fork.
- Mix and chill before serving
- You can replace the gherkins with pickled samphire grass.