Monday to Friday: 10:00, 11:00, 15:00 and 16:00
Saturday: 11:00 and 15:00 (no production on Saturday)
Practical informations :
- Maximum group of 25 people per visit
- No reservation. Please present yourself at the store at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the visit
- Wearing the mask is mandatory (not provided) Thank you in advance for bringing your mask for the visit
- The visit is organised in compliance with the barrier measures in force
- Health pass: under the new government measures, access to the visit area is now subject to a health pass either a vaccination certificate or negative test or recovery certificate.
Access : Activity area ''Plein ouest'' - 56170 QUIBERON - + 33 2 97 50 08 77
The factory was custom-designed to combine modernity with traditional expertise in order to provide the best-quality products. Through this tour, you’ll discover the many operations necessary to turn high-quality fish into a gourmet canned product.
Travel through time to discover the fish conservation profession from the ’20s to the present day. Experience a historical reconstruction of the first Conserverie la Belle-Îloise workshops, dating from 1932. You’ll find it all here, still very much alive, from the songs of the canners to the scents of the seasonings.
We are supplied on a daily basis with fresh sardines during the fishing season (May to November). Expert hands – as agile as those of yesterday’s lace workers – perform timeless tasks before your eyes. Conserverie belle-iloise is one of the last remaining canneries to make use of the expertise that guarantees the finesse of its products. The various steps of our production process are explained and commented as they are performed.
540 m² / 5813 ft2 of the historical 1932 factory located in Port-Maria of Quiberon have been rehabilitated. Under one roof, you’ll discover a space specially designed to showcase our expertise, a direct factory outlet store, a tasting space and a landscaped relaxation area in the spirit of a stroll along the seaside.
The self-guided tour is free of charge. Visit at your own pace, and take in the various films, information panels and display tables. This is a fun, educational place designed for the whole family, including children!
Access and contact: 10 rue de Kervozès 56170 Quiberon (Brittany) +33 (0)2 97 30 59 19